EPI Virus Thesis Program (EVTP) Thesis Topics 2020
Applications are due February 28th.
American Men’s Internet Survey (AMIS)
- Small-area population size estimates
- Density of HIV/STI testing locations (testing deserts/oases) and recent testing
- U=U awareness and attitudes
- COVID-19 testing and correlated behaviors (e.g., social, sexual, other mitigation)
- Changes in patterns of substance use during COVID-19
- Changes in exchange sex during COVID-19
- Experiences of barriers to HIV care and associations with HIV care outcomes
- Correlates of various reasons for discontinuing PrEP in the past 12 months
- Changes in dating app/website use during COVID-19
- Food insecurity during COVID-19
- Experiences of stigma pre/post same-sex marriage legalization
- Use of telehealth for HIV prevention during COVID-19
The Combine Study
- Barriers to accessing HIV/STI testing among rural cisgender men who have sex with men in the rural southern US
- Differences in accessing HIV/STI prevention services in sexual and gender minority populations who live in the rural southern US
- Describing the sexual behavior of gender minority populations in the rural southern US
*Final topic can be decided based on individual student interest.
- Correlates of COVID-related knowledge
- Correlates of COVID-related stigma
* Dr. Siegler will work with student to review dataset to identify best variables for analysis.
CDC HIV Topics
Thesis advisor Patrick Sullivan and field advisors from CDC will choose two students to work on one of these thesis topics. You may only apply for one CDC topic.
*The field advisor from CDC and the student will work together to select variables of interest for analysis.
Division of Global HIV/TB (DGHT)
- Perceived and enacted stigma (via community and providers) and effects on HIV care and treatment-seeking behavior
- Prevalence and predictors of Hepatitis B infection, and HIV coinfection
- TB and HIV – TB Screening, Co-infection and Treatment among people living with HIV: a cross-country comparison
- Prevalence of infant male medical circumcision in children<15 years
- PMTCT cascade and EID: a cross-country comparison, and predictors of vertical transmission
- What do we know about how families are living with HIV since the advent of PEPFAR? Family-level analysis of HIV status and care